skip to Main Content

The residence permit D3 is granted to those third-country nationals who intend to carry the exercise of teaching in an educational or vocational training institution or a highly qualified or cultural activity. Therefore is required proof that the applicant was accepted to teach at a higher education institution or to a highly qualified activity.

Where there is doubt regarding the activity’s framework, and for purposes of assessing the adequacy of the professional experience of the third-country national, the ministries responsible for employment and for education and science shall issue an opinion before granting a visa.


  • Work contract, or
  • Proposal of the work contract, or
  • Scientific research grant


Portugal tax residents (NHR’s included) are liable to Portugal income tax on their worldwide income from the date on which they become residents. We can prepare and file your annual tax return. The filing season opens in April and ends in June.
Contact us at

Back To Top