The Portuguese Tech Visa was created with the aim of ensuring that highly qualified staff, especially from the technological area from outside the European Union, can access jobs created by Portuguese companies in a simplified way.
Tech Visa is a certification program for technological and innovative companies for the purpose of granting visas or residence permits to highly qualified third-country nationals who wish to carry out their activity in accordance with Administrative Rule 328 / 2018.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the potential, degree of technological innovation and orientation towards the internationalization of the companies, which cannot have more than 50% of employees contracted simultaneously under the Tech Visa, being this limit of 80% for companies from the interior.
The certification of the company is valid for two years, renewable for equal periods.
- The startup being legally constituted
- Not having Social Security and Treasury debts
- Not being considered companies in restructuring
- Having a positive net position, as evidenced by the latest available Simplified Business Information (IES)
- Have enough funds in your bank account in a total amount of 5146.08€ for 12 months (per person)
In addition, applicants must prove the technological and innovative basis by meeting at least two of the following requirements:
- A ‘startup’ established for at least two years with activity in high or medium-high technology sectors, or of strong knowledge intensity
- Have an average annual growth in turnover of more than 20% in the last three years
- Have more than 15% highly skilled workers
- Have raised venture capital through venture capital or business angels in the last three years
- Have investment projects approved in Portugal 2020 or in the program to be created under the EU financial framework until 2027 in the areas of productive innovation, qualified entrepreneurship and creative or research & development Enterprises.